The Boulder Realtor’s Association just released the market statistics for October….a must read for insomniacs! Here are some of the highlights:
- For the 4th month in a row, sales in 2011 are outpacing those in 2010.
- At this rate, 2011 will be a better year than 2010, which was better than 2009….so things are moving in the right direction.
- Prices in the city of Boulder haven’t changed much in about 5 years, but hey, that’s a lot better than Phoenix or Las Vegas or most places in the country.
- Guess what local community has had the biggest housing price gain in the last year? That’s right Lafayette! The median sale price in Lafayette is up over 11% this year compared to last. Pretty cool!
- Louisville, which has been the shining star in local real estate the last few years, actually saw property values decline around 4% in the last year.
- Still, over the last 5 years Louisville has far outpaced the rest of the county in price appreciation so, it’s not all bad in The Best Little Town in America.